Frankincense Essential Oil is known as the King of Oils, and has been used for centuries. In sacrificial ceremonies, frankincense was used as part of the holy incense; early Egyptians used it for incense, stomach problems, skin care, and cosmetics. To this day, frankincense continues to be treasured for its beneficial properties.
This post may contain affiliate links. Upon purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Frankincense for Aromatherapy
Aromatically, frankincense with its rich, deep, warm, balsamic, sweet scent, stimulates the emotional center of the brain, soothing and calming the mind. Frankincense contains sesquiterpenes, which carry oxygen to the cells, enabling it to go beyond the blood-brain barrier. As a result, it may help oxygenate the pineal and pituitary glands.
Let’s take a closer look at the aromatic benefits of frankincense that are best experienced by using a good quality essential oil diffuser:
- Helps with focus and staying on task
- Improves concentration and minimizes distractions
- Eases hyperactivity and restlessness
- Reduces irritability
- Enhances spiritual awareness and meditation
- Lifts mood and promotes a positive attitude
- Promotes a feeling of relaxation
- Helps to slow down and deepen breathing
Experiencing all the wonderful benefits of Frankincense is easier than you may think, and also simple to work into your established daily routine. Download my Top 5 Healthy Ways to Use Frankincense Essential Oil!
Health Benefits of Frankincense
- Supports a healthy immune system
- Supports structures and functions of the body
- Aids in rejuvenating the skin
- Supports a healthy respiratory system
- Supports healthy cartilage and joint function
Frankincense is safe for consumption, according to the FDA.
- Not for children under 6 years old. Use with caution and in greater dilution for children 6 and up.
- Not for pregnant women.
This oil is a staple at our house, so I always make sure to have it on hand. We love it!
My essential oil darlings, I see you. Go get you some delicious frankincense. Always get 100% pure undiluted oils, and be sure to check out the precautions at the end of this article.
Is frankincense already in your essential oil arsenal? If so, what are your favorite ways to use it? I want to know! Comment below and tell me all about it!
Remember to download my Top 5 Healthy Ways to Use Frankincense Essential Oil
Related Frankincense Essential Oil Articles:
Please share the love! TY ♡