Organic vanilla cashew milk (that you’re going to love).
Nut milks have gained a lot of popularity in recent years, especially with more and more people realizing that dairy isn’t the healthiest option for several reasons.
Many people are lactose intolerant. As stated in a Mayo Clinic article on lactose intolerance, those afflicted are unable to fully digest the sugar (lactose) in milk. As a result, diarrhea, gas, cramps, and bloating occurs after eating or drinking dairy products.
A great many more people are sensitive to dairy without even knowing there’s a problem. In fact, once dairy is removed from someone’s diet for even a few days, positive differences are noted right away.
Those are good reasons to avoid dairy.
Another great reason is that homemade nut milks are so much more delicious and heart-healthy! You can use them in the exact same ways you would use dairy milk.
Benefits of Cashew Nuts
Cashew nuts have a lower fat content than most other nuts, with a high percentage of heart-healthy monounsaturated fats. This can help reduce high triglyceride levels. The high antioxidant content in nuts is also important to their cardiovascular benefits.
A strong link between nuts and a lower risk of coronary heart disease was revealed in 4 separate studies — the Adventist Health Study, Iowa Women’s Study, Nurses’ Health Study, and the Physician’s Health Study. In combined evidence from all four studies, subjects consuming nuts at least 4 times a week showed a 37% reduced risk of coronary heart disease compared to those who never or seldom ate nuts.
To lower your risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease, enjoy a handful of cashews or other nuts, or a tablespoon of nut butter, at least 4 times a week.¹
How to Make Cashew Milk
This post may contain affiliate links. Upon purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. Read my full disclosure here.
Homemade cashew milk is one of the easiest things in the world to make.
Cashews are soft and don’t require any soaking ahead of time, unless you don’t have a high speed blender. In this case soak the cashew nuts for about 20 minutes to soften them up just a bit. From there it takes only a couple of minutes to combine the ingredients, process them in the blender, and transfer to a large storage container.
I like Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Raw Cashews for my nut milk. These have a great flavor. They are cashew halves rather than whole nuts, so they’re a bit less expensive.
Other ingredients include:
- Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- Coombs Family Farms Organic Maple Syrup
- McCormick Fine Pink Himalayan Salt
- Start by measuring all your ingredients and set them aside.
- Get your blender set up.
- Add cashew nuts to the blender jar, plus enough water to cover them.
- Add the vanilla extract, maple syrup, and a small pinch of salt.
- Turn the blender on lowest setting to start processing. Don’t forget the lid!
- Increase speed to medium high and start slowly adding the water, until you reach the desired consistency. (I like mine a little thicker, so I usually end up using about 2.5 cups of water)
- Continue to blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into an airtight jar with lid and store in the refrigerator.
That’s it! Easy peasy and delicious.
Homemade Vanilla Cashew Milk Recipe
Homemade Vanilla Cashew Milk
- High speed blender
- Measuring cup
- Measuring Spoons
- 1 cup raw organic cashew nuts
- 2.5 cups spring water
- ½ Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp real maple syrup
- 1 small pinch himalayan pink salt
- Add cashew nuts to blender.
- Add enough water to cover the cashews.
- Add vanilla extract, maple syrup, and a small pinch of salt.
- Turn blender on lowest setting to start processing. Once it gets going, increase blender speed to medium high, and start slowly adding water until it reaches desired consistency. Turn blender on high and process until smooth and creamy. Makes about 1 quart.
- Pour into an airtight jar with lid and store in the refrigerator. Keeps for several days.
Final Thoughts on Homemade Cashew Milk
Homemade vanilla cashew milk is probably one of my favorite treats to have. It’s highly versatile, too. Do you fancy chocolate cashew milk? Add a tablespoon of raw cacao powder to it before blending. I use this cashew milk as a smoothie base, as a drink by itself, added to overnight oats, use it to make chia pudding, and so much more. It is really so good, and I know you will love it!
Please please let me know if you make this awesome recipe! I want to know. Enlighten me with your comment below!
Related Homemade Vanilla Cashew Milk Articles
- Superfood Smoothie
- Golden Paste
- Ultimate Holistic Lifestyle Guide for Beginners
- 5 Holistic Living and Self Care Tips for Women
Resources: 1. “Cashews”. The World’s Healthiest Foods, http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=98
Homemade Vanilla Cashew Milk
Please share the love♡